Here's what our
"Transparency, integrity, sustainability and the ability to reproduce results time and time again. That's SureHarvest."
- Patrick Gleeson, Veraison Partners Inc.
Story of SureHarvest
SureHarvest was founded in 1999 by Dr. Jeff Dlott to develop and commercialize farm and sustainability management information systems that drive sustainable value creation in the Food and Ag value chain. Key SureHarvest milestones include:
- As of mid-2017, application of the Sustainability MIS platform and strategic professional services engagements continue to deliver value for the Almond Board of California, the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA), Sun World International, the California Avocado Commission, the California Cut Flower Commission, the Mushroom Council, Protected Harvest. In addition, featured new client engagements include: Washington Winegrowers, California Strawberry Commission, and the Certified American Grown program.
- At the end of 2016, SureHarvest became a division of Where Food Comes From (WFCF), America’s trusted resource for third party verification of food production practices. WFCF supports more than 12,000 farmers, ranchers, vineyards, wineries, processors, retailers, distributors, trade associations and restaurants with a wide variety of value added services through its IMI Global, International Certification Services, Validus Verification Services, SureHarvest, and Sterling Solutions divisions.
- 2015 brought new collaborations with the Mushroom Council, focused on leveraging data collected via the Sustainability MIS platform to support the mushroom sustainability story, along with Sun World International, establishing a baseline analysis to support sustainability reporting and strategic planning efforts.
- Customized Sustainability MIS installations in 2014 for sustainability programs with the California Cherry Board, Oregon Hazelnut Marketing Board, and California Cut Flower Commission, as well as PRO*ACT's Greener Fields Together initiative.
- Released software certification functionality in 2010 for CSWA's award-winning Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing. In 2015, 91 wineries representing more than 60% of CA volume and 483 vineyards representing more than 16% of CA acreage used SureHarvest's Sustainability MIS software in their certification process.
- Contracted by the Almond Board of California starting in 2008 to assist in the design, development, and implementation of the California Almond Sustainability Program.
- Co-founded the Stewardship Index for Specialty Crops (SISC) in 2008. SISC is multi-stakeholder initiative that works on developing tools for measuring sustainable performance across the specialty crops supply chain.
- Contracted by Protected Harvest in 2007 to perform administrative duties and provides certification software. Protected Harvest is the certifier for the award-winning Lodi Rules program.
- Entered into a software development agreement with CSWA in 2006 to design, build, and deploy sustainability performance management software for the Sustainable Winegrowing Program.
- Version 1.0 of Farming Management Information System (Farming MIS) software released.
- Competed for and awarded contracts in 2001 from the California Wine Institute (WI) and California Association of Winegrape Growers (CAWG) to lead the design, development, and implementation of the Sustainable Winegrowing Program.
- Lead consulting firm assisting the World Wildlife Fund, Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association, and University of Wisconsin in the founding of Protected Harvest, a nonprofit organization dedicated to sustainable agriculture certification.