“Transparency, integrity, sustainability and the ability to reproduce results time and time again. That’s SureHarvest.”
– Patrick Gleeson, Veraison Partners Inc.
SureHarvest was founded in 1999 to invent and commercialize farm and sustainability management information systems that drive sustainable value creation in the Food and Ag (F&A) value chain by Dr. Jeff Dlott. Key SureHarvest milestones include:
- Lead consulting firm assisting World Wildlife Fund, Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association, and University of Wisconsin found Protected Harvest, a sustainability certification nonprofit.
- Competed for and awarded contracts in 2001 from the California Wine Institute (WI) and California Association of Winegrape Growers (CAWG) to lead the design, development, and implementation of the Sustainable Winegrowing Program.
- Version 1.0 of Farming Management Information System (Farming MIS) software released.
- Assisted WI and CAWG in founding the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA), a nonprofit organization dedicating to ensuring that the California wine community is recognized as a change leader in the global marketplace.
- Entered into a software development agreement with CSWA in 2006 to design, build, and deploy sustainability performance management software for the Sustainable Winegrowing Program.
- Contracted by Protected Harvest in 2007 to perform administrative duties and provides certification software. Protected Harvest is the certifier for the award-winning Lodi Rules program.
- Co-founded the Stewardship Index for Specialty Crops (SISC) in 2008. SISC is multi-stakeholder initiative that works on developing tools for measuring sustainable performance across the specialty crops supply chain.
- Contracted by the Almond Board of California starting in 2008 to assist in the design, development, and implementation of the California Almond Sustainability Program.
- Released software certification functionality in 2010 for CSWA’s award-winning Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing. In 2015, 91 wineries representing more than 60% of CA volume and 483 vineyards representing more than 16% of CA acreage used SureHarvest’s Sustainability MIS software in their certification process.
- Licensed Sustainability MIS and providing professional services to PRO*ACT’s Greener Fields Together initiative, a sustainability program for the entire produce value chain that engages and involves farmers, distributors, foodservice operators and retail locations.
- Licensed and customized Sustainability MIS installations in 2014 for sustainability programs with the California Cherry Board, Oregon Hazelnut Marketing Board, and California Cut Flower Commission.