“The Sustainability on-line assessment told us where we needed to make improvements as an industry. We then targeted educational programs to increase adoption of IPM practices. When we went back and compared scores between the benchmark assessment period and the followup assessment, we found that out of a total of 46 farming practices affecting water conservation and water quality, 41 showed improvements in the range of 1 to 26%. A total of 54 elements were assessed for reducing pesticide risks, and 52 showed improvement and 2 were unchanged.”
– Nick Frey, Sonoma Winegrape Commission
SureHarvest Sustainability MIS has tools to manage continuous process improvement programs for sustainability, food safety, quality and other strategic change initiatives. Here’s how:
- Build a reference library of resources including scientific information, reports and annotated web-resources to undergird the implementation of best practices and SOPs required of the innovation initiative.
- Manage education and outreach initiatives, such as newsletters, training videos and program reports.
- Generate confidential benchmark reports for individual participants or business units.
- Generate progress reports on aggregate performance for analysis across multiple entities.
- Develop Action Plans to target areas of improvement and manage workflow to implement change.
Document Management features can be used to
- Store records and reports of innovation activities.
- Store reference library documents.
- Insert resource documents or link to web-based references.
Event Management features can be used to:
- Schedule events, such as workshops, trainings, demonstration field days, etc.
- Promote events with on-line communication tools.
- Manage and organize event logistics (rsvps, agenda, map, instructions, etc.).
- Record, track and evaluate event participation.
Administrative features include:
- Content management tools to easily update reference library, including scientific information, resources and news.
- Robust access controls using secure individual login for data entry and confidential benchmark reporting.
- Flexible structure for assessment and reporting of multiple enterprises or subdivisions.